Carlisle Eden Mind delivers a range of Mental Health First Aid Courses that are accredited by MHFA England.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) are training courses which teach people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
Over the 2 days, You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms. What’s more, you’ll gain an understanding of how to support positive wellbeing and tackle stigma in the world around you.
Here’s our course instructor Michael, to explain more:
This two-day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect well being
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self – help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
- Two-day face to face course across four manageable sessions
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities
- Each session is built around the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Download our PDF for more information.
To book please email email@example.com
For pricing and a full summary of the courses please visit here.