Carlisle Eden Mind is one of 130 local Minds across the country, who work to empower, educate and support people with mental health issues. We are an independent, self-funded mental health charity that operates in Carlisle, Eden and across Cumbria. As a local charity we match our services to meet the needs of the community we serve and campaign to improve the services available to those in need of mental health support, raise awareness and promote understanding.
What does Carlisle Eden Mind do?
- Support people with mental health issues by offering a range of services. We provide information, signposting and support when people need it most. We work to ensure that nobody need face a mental health problem alone.
- Educate people in mental health by providing training and raising awareness across the county. This work helps to combat the stigma surrounding mental health in the community.
- Campaign to raise awareness of mental health issues in Cumbria, making sure the voices of those who use our services and the wider community are heard.
- Empower people with mental health issues. By doing so, we help people make informed choices and understand their rights.
- Create opportunities for people to volunteer with us, giving them a supportive environment to help and support their recovery.
- Open – We reach out to anyone who needs us
- Together – Because we’re stronger in partnership
- Responsive – We listen and we act, on what our community needs
- Independent – We speak out fearlessly
- Unstoppable – We never give up because no one should face a mental health problem alone